TOUCHSTONE PRAYER LIST
SEPTEMBER 9, 2020
- Jim and Mae had a great trip moving her back to NYC.
- Several CiViL Groups are starting this week.
- A friend with cancer has experienced miraculous improvement.
- Another friend with cancer is now stronger and more active.
- Melony had a good meeting with a CiViL-Stratford alum.
- Good family visits for the Weber family last week
- Students – frustrations with the canceled football season
- We will need additional matching funds for the Touchstone Tribute.
- Wisdom and favor for the state response to our CARES Act Grant application
- Preparations for the virtual Touchstone Tribute on October 20
- Neighborhood CiViL plans to begin after Labor Day
- We need several new board members.
- Need more qualified, trained male volunteers
Touchstone’s Partner Organizations
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church
- The Village Chapel
- Hillsboro High School
- Overton High School
- Hillwood High School
- Oliver Middle School
- Belmont University
- Lipscomb University
- Nashville Youth For Christ – ministry to incarcerated youth
Comfort and Healing
- A friend’s mother is in the hospital.
- A friend injured his hand using a hammer.
- A friend’s is recovering from painful spinal stenosis surgery.
- For the friends and families of Lily Shaw and Derrick Graham, both of whom passed away recently.
- For our aging parents and friends.
- For several friends’ painful knee inflammation,
- A friend recovering from gall bladder surgery,
- A friend who is now in quarantine after she and her aging mother were exposed to COVID-19.
- A friend who lost her husband, experienced stressful family conflict, battled with cancer, and needs to find a job.
- A friend’s brother is suffering from severe depression while battling cancer, and his family is not getting information on his condition.
- For a friend with brain cancer.
- Justice for people of color
- Repentance by oppressors and complicit bystanders
- Positive leadership
- The anti-racism movement
- The revival that comes from our cries to God for help, hope, mercy, and repentance.
- Protection for friends with compromised health.
- All of those whose livelihoods are threatened by the COVID-19 economy.
- The safety of our heroic health care workers.
- Wisdom & guidance for safety in going back to schools
- A friend is struggling with both electrical and plumbing problems.
- A friend is searching for a new job.
- Those suffering from the West Coast heat wave and fires.
- A friend needs expensive dental work.
- Friend who is working on alcohol addiction recovery.
- A friend wants restoration of relationship with his brother.
- The upcoming elections