TOUCHSTONE PRAYER LIST
September 14, 2023
PRAISES & THANKS
- We had good CiViL meetings this week.
- Alex’s 48 hour movie won 3rd place.
- A friend with heart issues and a concussion is doing very well in rehab.
- A friend is recovering from post-op sepsis.
Touchstone Events, Programs & Services
- Planning for our Fall and Spring fundraisers
New CiViL Groups logistics
A partner church for each CiViL location
Students with mental and emotional issues
Touchstone counseling clients
TYRS urgently needs new office space
TYRS needs various kinds of volunteers and staff.
Protection for Touchstone staff, vols & interns
Comfort and Healing
– A friend must give up their beloved pet.
– Scott and family at his brother’s passing.
– Randy and family at his wife Barbara’s passing.
– All families dealing with loss
Friends with Illness:
– Undergoing surgery soon
– Recovering from spinal surgery
– Recuperating from a stroke
– Undergoing chemotherapy for stage 4 cancer
– Problems with gums and bones
– Recovering from brain surgery
– Heart issues & severe concussion
– Recovering from cancer treatment
– Exhausted caretakers of a mentally ill friend
– Fighting ovarian cancer, eye cancer, family or personal addiction, sickle cell anemia
– A friend entering rehab for addiction and anxiety
– A mother recuperating from a stroke
– Caring for aging parents, recovering from past trauma
- A friend’s job interview results
- Building and moving plans
- Expensive medication cost
- People we love come to Jesus
- Students in juvenile detention – positive response to those who visit them to bring help, hope, & the Gospel.
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church
- The Village Chapel
- Mount Bethel Missionary Baptist Church
- Mission Discovery
- Youth for Christ
Higher Education – Interns:
- Belmont University
- Lipscomb University
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car & Foundation
- HCA Healthcare Foundation
- Just Love Coffee
Metro Nashville Public Schools:
- Hillsboro High
- Hillwood High
- Nashville School of the Arts
- Overton High
- Oliver Middle
- Mission Development International
- Mission Increase Foundation
- President, Governor, Courts & Policy makers
- All people, regardless or race, religion, etc.
- Jan. 6 insurrection
- Various Trump indictments
- Organizations that have allowed abuse
- Politicization of the Church
- Persecution & War
- Domestic violence & abuse
- First responders
- Hurricane Idalia
- The Lahaina wildfire
- Hurricane Hillary
- Texas Tropical storm
- Flooding in the Midwest & Northeast
- Depression, violence & suicide in teen girls
- Those with mental health & disabilities
- America’s mass shooting epidemic
- Recession and economic instability
- We’ve had a good start-up for 2023-24 CiViL
- The Shoe Drive Service Project is done for this year.
- Jim went on his first backpack trip in 35 years
- Melony processed 3 large bags of clothes for CiViL Service
- Survivors of Hurricane Idalia & Hillary, Lahaina fire, the hurricane in Morocco, the flood in Lybia
- Those in the path of Hurricane Lee