TOUCHSTONE PRAYER LIST
September 1, 2021
- We are proud to welcome the new Touchstone Board Member for whom we have been praying!
- A friend is halfway through her daily radiation treatments and has still had no side effects.
- We are excited to start CiViL in schools again the day after Labor Day.
- We are also excited about a new couple counseling client.
- Our CiViL Service scouting trip to Waverly, TN last Saturday was informative and inspiring, and it prepared us for our upcoming CiViL Service Trip to Waverly on September 11.
- A friend got a raise and moved into anew apartment.
- We had an excellent meeting today with a prospective new board member.
Touchstone Events, Programs & Services
- Our upcoming CiViL Service Project in Waverly, TN on Sep 11
- Guidance and favor for the Hays Foundation grant
- That Scott Hamilton’s “Good People” TV show (on which our CiViL students have a segment) will be picked up by the network.
- The development of a ministry partnership with a local business.
- Plans and staffing for CiViL school programs that start the day after Labor Day.
- Continued guidance for the 2021 Touchstone Tribute planning team and participants
- CiViL students who engage in unhealthy relationship patterns
- Guidance for Touchstone counseling clients
Comfort and Healing
- The family & friends of Tim Akers at his passing from leukemia
- A friend’s 92 year old aunt in hospital.
- A friend having oxygen/lung issues
- A friend experiencing COVID-19 after-effects.
- A friend is having breast cancer surgery on Thursday
- Multiple friends battling cancer or COVID-19
- For people damaged by trauma
- Friends working on addiction recovery
- Hurricane Ida flood survivors
- All those left behind in Afghanistan
- Survivors and volunteer helpers of the Waverly TN flood
- Those suffering from the earthquake in Haiti
- Our aging families
- An autistic friend who will be moving soon.
- Guidance for friends planning a building project.
- A change of heart for young people bullying a special needs adult.
- Guidance for a friend with a new vision for ministry
- A friend has regular grand jury duty, and it is important, but intense.
- Those with domestic violence and mental health challenges
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church
- The Village Chapel
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Overton High
- Oliver Middle
- Hillsboro High
- Hillwood High
- Nashville School of the Arts
- Youth For Christ
- The backlash against Critical Race Theory and its effect on education
- A reduction in police shootings and justice in those cases
- Threats to voting rights
- Racial accountability at private schools
- Justice for people of color
- Repentance by oppressors and complicit bystanders
- Positive leadership
- Progress in anti-racism movement
- Social media conflict over race and other justice issues.
- The tug-of-war between personal freedoms and safety
- Threats and violence in anti-mask and anti-vaccine protests
- Stamina and safety for all health care workers
- Wise leadership over masking and vaccine requirements
- Protection for those w compromised immune systems
- The revival that could come from our cries to God for help, hope, mercy, and repentance.
- A swift comeback from the COVID-19 economy.