TOUCHSTONE PRAYER LIST
November 13, 2021
- Jim got to spend a few hours with our son Alex before Melony & Alex flew to NYC to visit our daughter Mae.
- Jim is meeting with two former CiViL students today.
- Last week’s CiViL Rocketown intense, but good, and this week’s meeting will be co-led by one of our college students.
- A friend’s jury duty obligation is almost finished.
Touchstone Events, Programs & Services
- That all our CiViL school groups get formed soon
- The Touchstone Tribute planning team and participants
- Touchstone counseling clients
- Guidance and favor for the Hays Foundation grant
- Plans and staffing for CiViL school programs
- CiViL students who engage in unhealthy relationship patterns
- Guidance for Touchstone counseling clients
Comfort and Healing
- Several friends have parents in declining health.
- A friend is in the ICU w COVID.
- A friend is having major shoulder surgery on Nov 15
- Melony’s aunt is recovering from broken pelvis.
- Multiple friends are grieving lost loved ones.
- A friend is battling cancer.
- For people damaged by trauma
- Friends working on addiction recovery
- Anger and conflict hyped by social media
- A better job situation for a friend
- Those suffering from recent disasters (hurricane, floods, fires, earthquakes)
- All those left behind in Afghanistan
- Our aging families
- Guidance for friends planning a building project.
- Guidance for a friend with a new vision for ministry
- A friend has regular grand jury duty, and it is important, but intense.
- Those with domestic violence, mental health, and other challenges
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church
- The Village Chapel
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Overton High
- Oliver Middle
- Hillsboro High
- Hillwood High
- Nashville School of the Arts
- Youth For Christ
- The backlash against Critical Race Theory and its effect on education
- Threats to voting rights
- Racial accountability at private schools
- Justice for people of color
- Repentance by oppressors and complicit bystanders
- Positive leadership
- Progress in anti-racism movement
- Social media conflict over race and other justice issues.
- Conflict over vaccine mandates
- The tug-of-war between personal freedoms and safety
- Threats and violence in anti-mask and anti-vaccine protests
- Stamina and safety for all health care workers
- Wise leadership over masking and vaccine requirements
- Protection for those w compromised immune systems
- The revival that could come from our cries to God for help, hope, mercy, and repentance.
- A swift comeback from the COVID-19 economy