TOUCHSTONE PRAYER LIST
May 12, 2021
- The Big Payback online fundraiser was a big success!
- Their Prize Patrol liked Touchstone so much that they donated after interviewing us.
- Our awesome Lunch Table Leaders contacted so many people!
- We are looking forward to taking a short, needed break as our school-based CiViL locations wind down for the summer.
- Many of us are experiencing hope and excitement as the COVID pandemic numbers go down and vaccination numbers go up.
- Partial funding for CiViL T-shirts has been provided.
- Successes with students and clients that we can’t discuss due to confidentiality, but for which we are very grateful!
Touchstone Events, Programs & Services
- Panera Fundraising for Touchstone – 4-8pm May 18 at Panera on White Bridge Rd. 20% of meal cost goes to Touchstone for those who use the code PRFUND at checkout.
- Guidance for our students who are preparing for finals and making summer plans
- Guidance for the quarterly Touchstone Board meeting this Saturday, May 15.
- New Touchstone board member for late summer or fall
- CiViL students who engage in unhealthy relationship patterns
- Remaining funding needed for water bottles, T-shirts, and other CiViL swag
- Guidance for Touchstone counseling clients
- That God would bring the new students he wants at CiViL Rocketown
Comfort and Healing
- Madelyn’s friend Jennifer Drs found 3 more tumors
- Family of Maddie McClendon – teen who died of cancer
- Jim’s sister is still fighting a tenacious sinus/respiratory infection
- A friend who is undergoing chemo for colon cancer
- Two friends diagnosed with breast cancer, one starting proton therapy and one having a bilateral complete mastectomy
- Friends and TYRS clients who have lost loved ones recently
- A friend who is hospitalized with liver problems
- A friend’s sister has un-diagnosed health issues
- Friends fighting COVID-19 and after affects
- For people damaged by trauma
- Friends and clients working on alcohol recovery
- Guidance and peace for friend is dealing with fallout from a work-related traffic accident.
- A friend who is seeking new direction in life
- Several friends who need jobs
- Anyone with domestic violence and mental health challenges
- A friend’s homeless son in CA
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church
- The Village Chapel
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Overton High
- Oliver Middle
- Hillsboro High
- Hillwood High
- Youth For Christ – incarcerated students
- A reduction in police shootings and justice in those cases
- Threats to voting rights
- Racial accountability at private schools
- Justice for people of color
- Repentance by oppressors and complicit bystanders
- Positive leadership
- Progress in anti-racism movement
- Social media conflict over race and other justice issues.
- Out of control pandemic surges in India and Brazil
- Improved vaccine participation
- The revival that comes from our cries to God for help, hope, mercy, and repentance.
- Protection for all with compromised health.
- All of those whose livelihoods are threatened by the COVID-19 economy.
- The safety of our heroic health care workers