TOUCHSTONE PRAYER LIST
JULY 17, 2020
- Curriculum preparation is still going well.
- A friend with COVID-19 is improving some.
- We have permission from Bellevue Presbyterian Church to schedule our Big Blessing Benefit Sale in July.
- Touchstone took part in a delightful Edgehill Community Fun Day this weekend.
- We will be welcoming several new CiViL students thanks to a recommendation from an old CiViL student.
- A church in Texas has inquired about providing CiViL in their community.
- A friend’s brother who is undergoing cancer treatment has undergone a positive change in his outlook.
- Protection, hope, wisdom, and positive change for our students in these difficult times.
- Success for our Shoe Drive June 8th – Aug 7 (New & gently used shoes as both fundraising and service project)
- Your Best Shot – a favorable response from photographers and students
- Guidance as we update our website this summer
- Touchstone needs new board members.
- CiViL needs more qualified, trained male volunteers
- Favor for Mel re: Rutgers SEL certification program
- Guidance as we mentoring several young people who are eager to make a difference.
COMFORT & HEALING
- For the friends and family of George Floyd
- Several friends with COVID-19, one in critical condition
- For Melony’s recurring back pain
- For a friend’s brother who is undergoing cancer treatment
- For a friend with uterine cancer who will be having surgery in July
- For Youth For Christ Teen Moms, especially a young woman and her child who are both COVID-19 positive
- For the family of Nate Nolan on Thursday, the anniversary of his passing
- For a friend at the passing of her sister this week.
- For a friend with family struggles
PROTESTS & UNREST
- Justice and change for those oppressed in America
- Repentance by oppressors and complicit bystanders
- Positive compassionate, uniting leadership toward justice, peace, and safety for all in America.
- Protection from a reopening and protest surge of COVID -19
- A Nashville record high in hospitalizations for COVID-19
- The revival that can come from our cries to God for help, hope, mercy, and repentance.
- Protection for friends with compromised health.
- All of those whose livelihoods are threatened by the COVID-19 economy.
- The safety of our heroic health care workers.
- For the leadership of a partner organization as they make decisions pertaining to reopening.
- For friends who are struggling with a financial challenge
- For a friend who is attempting to put their financial house in order