TOUCHSTONE PRAYER LIST
DECEMBER 2, 2020
- We had an excellent Thanksgiving CiViL Service Project providing turkey dinners to the needy in partnership with Rocketown.
- We are grateful for wonderful Thanksgiving celebrations.
- Jim got lots of recording done for a family-centered project over Thanksgiving week.
- Melony aced the final assessment for the first half of her Social, Emotional, and Character Development Certification through Rutgars University.
- Melony’s dad is adjusting well to his new life in a nursing home.
- The CiViL Alumni Association is getting organized.
- We thank God for our board members and volunteers!
- Our students who have 2 weeks left in the semester.
- Healing and growth for Touchstone’s counseling clients
- Touchstone Tribute Plans watch parties
- Provision for 2020 4th Qtr finances: Touchstone still needs to raise about $60,000 during 4th Quarter to make our 2020 budget.
- Touchstone needs several new board members.
Comfort and Healing
- For the family of Dan Hester, a student we worked with in the 1980’s. Dan and his parents have died of COVID-19.
- For Tom, Cindy, and Carol who are fighting COVID-19
- Protection for a friends mom. COVID infection rate is very high in her living facility.
- A friend with colon cancer is enduring very expensive and difficult treatment and by himself.
- Several friends are having family troubles.
- Melony’s 86 year old father as he recovers from a fractured pelvis, spine, and ribs.
- The 11 yr old child of a CiViL alum, recovering from sexual abuse by a family friend
- Successful therapy and quality of life for a friend with brain cancer
- Our aging parents and friends
- A friend working on alcohol recovery
- A friend who has had a year of losses
- Unspoken request from a friend for her husband.
- That God will provide for a friend’s homeless son, living in a tent on the West Coast, along with comfort for his family.
- A friend has a potentially contentious Home Owners’ Association meeting next week.
- That a friend’s house would sell
- That several friends of friends come to the Lord
- Several friends who need to find work
- The emotional burden of crisis, isolation – especially during the holidays
- A peaceful and just post-election transition of power
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church
- The Village Chapel
- Overton High
- Oliver Middle
- Hillsboro High
- Hillwood High
- Youth For Christ staff has regional training this week.
- Justice for people of color
- Repentance by oppressors and complicit bystanders
- Positive leadership
- Progress in anti-racism movement
- The revival that comes from our cries to God for help, hope, mercy, and repentance.
- Protection for friends with compromised health.
- All of those whose livelihoods are threatened by the COVID-19 economy.
- The safety of our heroic health care workers.