TOUCHSTONE PRAYER LIST
AUGUST 5, 2020
- A friend had an ovarian mass that is now gone.
- Jim’s parents celebrated their sixty-ninth wedding anniversary.
- Mrs. Cheap will be posting our Shoe Drive on her social media.
- A friend’s uterine cancer biopsy returned the best result possible.
- A friend’s wedding is coming up this Saturday, and everyone involved is excited.
- A friend has had a very favorable response from a film industry contact.
- Students returned to online school this week, but there are lots of technical problems.
- Students need programs like CiViL for dealing w anxiety.
- Our Shoe Drive is extended through Aug 10th.
- We need several new board members.
- We need guidance this week as we update our strategic plan.
- Need more qualified, trained male volunteers
- Wisdom as we adapt to the school system’s plans
- Plans for our online Touchstone Tribute – probably in October
- Guidance as we apply for the state’s portion of the CARES Act Grant for non-profit organizations
Touchstone’s Partner Organizations
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church
- The Village Chapel
- Hillsboro High School
- Overton High School
- Hillwood High School
- Oliver Middle School
- Belmont University
- Lipscomb University
Comfort and Healing
- A friend’s son died recently from COVID-19.
- A friend has a mass in his lung.
- A friend is still fighting COVID-19.
- Continued healing for Jim’s knee.
- A friend’s brother undergoing radiation treatment for cancer is not doing well mentally.
- A friend who recently had brain surgery has taken a turn for the worse.
- Justice for people of color
- Repentance by oppressors and complicit bystanders
- Positive leadership
- Ladies in Melony’s anti-racism group
- The revival that comes from our cries to God for help, hope, mercy, and repentance.
- Protection for friends with compromised health.
- All of those whose livelihoods are threatened by the COVID-19 economy.
- The safety of our heroic health care workers.
- Wisdom & guidance for safety in going back to schools
- Youth For Christ ministry to incarcerated students and their families
- Wisdom for a friend about employment and when to move back to NYC.
- A friend needs expensive dental work.
- Friend who is working on addiction recovery.
- A friend’s cousin may be moving too fast into a new relationship.
- A friend wants restoration of relationship with his brother.
- The wedding of a CiViL graduate on Aug 14
- Safety for several friends traveling to see family this coming weekend.
- Primary and general elections