TOUCHSTONE PRAYER LIST
August 4, 2021
- A friend’s new home project is making Progress with house builder and draftsman
- The Big Blessing Benefit Sale was a success. There were no injuries. We had great volunteers, especially DuJuan, one of our students. We made $2435 so far, and we have been told a few related donations are forthcoming.
- One of our volunteers has finally recovered from COVID-19
- A friend will be visiting her dad to celebrate his 88th birthday.
- Jim’s parents celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary on Tuesday.
Touchstone Events, Programs & Services
- Pray that Scott Hamilton’s “Good People” TV show (on which our CiViL students have a segment) will be picked up.
- Guidance and favor regarding a new grant
- Guidance for Touchstone Tribute planning team
- Plans for CiViL school programs in the Fall including staffing, training, and new volunteers
- A new Touchstone board member for late summer or fall
- CiViL students who engage in unhealthy relationship patterns
- Guidance for Touchstone counseling clients
Comfort and Healing
- The victims and their families from the Smile Direct Warehouse shooting
- A friend has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- A friend’s brother is very sick.
- A friend is grieving a lost relationship.
- A friend is undergoing daily radiation treatmen for cancer
- Jim’s sister Meg has lung cancer and a new infection.
- A friend recovering from COVID-19.
- Family of a friend who is in hospice
- For people damaged by trauma
- Friends and clients working on alcohol recovery
- That a friend’s COVID-delayed wedding reception & honeymoon will go well.
- An unspecified prayer for Leslie
- A friend who needs a change of heart
- A special needs friend who will need a need place to stay after they are released from in-patient psych treatment
- Guidance for friends planning a building project.
- A change of heart for young people bullying a special needs adult.
- Guidance for a friend with a new vision for ministry
- A friend has regular grand jury duty, and it is important, but intense.
- Those with domestic violence and mental health challenges
- A friend who is working his way out of homelessness.
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church
- The Village Chapel
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Overton High
- Oliver Middle
- Hillsboro High
- Hillwood High
- Nashville School of the Arts
- Youth For Christ
- A reduction in police shootings and justice in those cases
- Threats to voting rights
- Racial accountability at private schools
- Justice for people of color
- Repentance by oppressors and complicit bystanders
- Positive leadership
- Progress in anti-racism movement
- Social media conflict over race and other justice issues.
- Wise leadership over masking and vaccine requirements
- Protection from the Delta and Lambda variants, especially for those w compromised immune systems
- Help and hope for teens who lost so much during the pandemic
- The revival that comes from our cries to God for help, hope, mercy, and repentance.
- Protection for all with compromised health and those unable to receive a vaccine
- A swift comeback from the COVID-19 economy.
- The continued safety of our heroic health care worke