TOUCHSTONE PRAYER LIST
August 3, 2022
- We received a glowing testimonial from a former CiViL Coach.
- The sustaining prayers of all our friends.
- We had a good teacher training session at Nashville School of the Arts.
- A friend is recovering from arterial stint surgery.
- A former student was hired for the position recommended to her by a former CiViL Coach.
- We had a good meeting with the Vice President of Community Impact for the Tennessee Titans.
- We submitted a Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee grant this week.
- A friend’s new grand nephew was born.
- We have added a new member to The Touchstone Fundraising Committee.
Touchstone Events, Programs & Services
- The Touchstone Fundraising Committee meeting today
- Guidance as we apply for a Spotlight Foundation grant
- New office space for Touchstone
- Favor from the Impact 100 Giving Circle Grant
- CiViL Schedule and staffing plans for upcoming school programs
- 2022 Tribute at Nissan Stadium planning & sponsors – Save the Date: Thurs. Oct. 20
- Favor from HCA corporate sponsorship for the Tribute
- Collaboration & sponsorship from local businesses
- Possible collaboration with an organization similar to Touchstone
- All our CiViL students, including those who engage in unhealthy relationship patterns.
- Touchstone counseling clients
- Protection for Touchstone staff
Comfort and Healing
- A friend recovering from bladder surgery
- A friend recovering from a cycling accident
- A recovering from a fall and surgical complications
- Guidance for a friend regarding treatment for back problems
- A new friend and co-writer of Jim’s in Finland is having vocal surgery in August.
- Friends recovering from heart surgery, spinal surgery, and past trauma
- Friends fighting COVID, heart problems, ovarian cancer, eye cancer, lymphoma, lung cancer, brain tumor, family or personal addiction, sickle cell anemia, arthritis
- A Couple going though fertility treatment process
- A friend caring for a relative in their last days
- Jim’s dad may need nursing home care soon.
- A friend’s building plan has encountered zoning challenges.
- Travel mercies for a friend heading to Santa Fe
- A friend has had no A/C for 4 weeks due to supply chain issues.
- Multiple friends are seeking new jobs
- Direction for the Drumwright musical
- That students in Juvenile detention will respond positively to those who visit them to bring help, hope, and the Gospel.
- Our aging families
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church
- The Village Chapel
- Mission Discovery
- Youth for Christ
Higher Education – Interns:
- Belmont University
- Lipscomb University
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car & Foundation
- HCA Healthcare Foundation
Metro Nashville Public Schools:
- Hillsboro High
- Hillwood High
- Nashville School of the Arts
- Overton High
- Oliver Middle
- Mission Development International
- Mission Increase Foundation
- Mid-term elections
- The Monkey Pox epidemic
- Flood survivors in Kentucky
- Protection from politicization of the church
- Justice, repentance & change in organizations who have tolerated and harbored sexual abusers
- Justice for all involved in the January 6 insurrection
- Protection from political persecution in N Mozambique
- The predicted recession and our preparedness for it
- Our enemies and persecutors
- Protection and provision for the people of Ukraine
- Those with domestic violence, mental health, and other challenges
- Racial Justice
- COVID-19 – – Rising rates of the BA.5 variant
- Gun violence and reform