TOUCHSTONE PRAYER LIST
AUGUST 19, 2020
- Jim enjoyed a road trip with a friend last Thursday.
- A friend’s wedding last week went very well.
- A friend had a wonderful family visit.
- Melony’s dad is home from the hospital.
- A friend’s brother moved into a skilled nursing facility and has a positive attitude
- A friend’s trachiotomy wound healing well in COVID-19 recovery.
- A friend moved from cancer treatment to a skilled nursing home.
- Students – having a difficult time with online school
- Teachers – making online school work
- Neighborhood CiViL plans
- Shoe drive extending through Aug 23rd.
- Favor for a CARES Act Grant we just applied for.
- A funding possibility this coming Thursday
- We need several new board members.
- Need more qualified, trained male volunteers
- Plans for our online Touchstone Tribute – probably in October
Touchstone’s Partner Organizations
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church
- The Village Chapel
- Hillsboro High School
- Overton High School
- Hillwood High School
- Oliver Middle School
- Belmont University
- Lipscomb University
- Nashville Youth For Christ – ministry to incarcerated youth
Comfort and Healing
- Comfort for a friend at the sudden loss of her daughter
- A former student whose father just died of cancer
- A youth pastor friend had a mild stroke
- A friend with brain cancer
- A friend with COVID-19 just suffered a heart attack.
- Melony’s dad is being treated at home for a UTI, hernia & internal bleeding
- Continued healing for Jim’s knee.
- Justice for people of color
- Repentance by oppressors and complicit bystanders
- Positive leadership
- The anti-racism movement
- The revival that comes from our cries to God for help, hope, mercy, and repentance.
- Protection for friends with compromised health.
- All of those whose livelihoods are threatened by the COVID-19 economy.
- The safety of our heroic health care workers.
- Wisdom & guidance for safety in going back to schools
- Wisdom for a friend about employment and when to move back to NYC.
- A friend needs expensive dental work.
- Friend who is working on alcohol addiction recovery.
- A friend wants restoration of relationship with his brother.
- The upcoming general elections