TOUCHSTONE PRAYER LIST
August 11, 2021
- Jim had a good weekend in Knoxville helping family and celebrating his parents’ 70th Wedding Anniversary.
- Melony had a good meeting with the Hays Foundation representative.
- We found the new prospective board member we’ve been praying for!
- The first grandchild of former board members Greg & Cheryl Seneff born on Saturday morning.
- A friend’s wedding reception went very well after having been delayed from last year’s wedding due to COVID-19.
- A friend is celebrating her dad’s 88th birthday.
- A friend has been promoted to the co-presidency of a national non-proffit organization.
- A friend’s new home project continues to make progress.
- A friend is visiting her dat to celebrate his 88th birthday.
Touchstone Events, Programs & Services
- Guidance for the Touchstone board meeting on Saturday
- Protection and success for all our Nashville public school students who started school this week.
- Guidance and favor for the Hays Foundation grant
- Pray that Scott Hamilton’s “Good People” TV show (on which our CiViL students have a segment) will be picked up.
- Guidance for Touchstone Tribute planning team
- Plans for CiViL school programs in the Fall including staffing, training, and new volunteers
- CiViL students who engage in unhealthy relationship patterns
- Guidance for Touchstone counseling clients
Comfort and Healing
- A friend and her family for the safe delivery of their new baby
- The families of several friends who passed away within the last week or two.
- A friend recovering from a C-section, high blood pressure, & pregnancy-induced diabetes.
- A friend having sternum surgery on Thursday.
- A friend is grieving a lost relationship.
- A friend is undergoing daily radiation treatment for cancer
- Jim’s sister Meg has lung cancer and a new infection.
- A friend recovering from COVID-19.
- For people damaged by trauma
- Friends and clients working on alcohol recovery
- An unspecified prayer for Leslie
- A friend who needs a change of heart
- A special needs friend and will need a need place to stay after they are released from in-patient psych treatment
- Guidance for friends planning a building project.
- A change of heart for young people bullying a special needs adult.
- Guidance for a friend with a new vision for ministry
- A friend has regular grand jury duty, and it is important, but intense.
- Those with domestic violence and mental health challenges
- A friend who is working his way out of homelessness.
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church
- The Village Chapel
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Overton High
- Oliver Middle
- Hillsboro High
- Hillwood High
- Nashville School of the Arts
- Youth For Christ
- A reduction in police shootings and justice in those cases
- Threats to voting rights
- Racial accountability at private schools
- Justice for people of color
- Repentance by oppressors and complicit bystanders
- Positive leadership
- Progress in anti-racism movement
- Social media conflict over race and other justice issues.
- Stamina and safety for all health care workers
- Wise leadership over masking and vaccine requirements
- Protection from the Delta and Lambda variants, especially for those w compromised immune systems
- The revival that could come from our cries to God for help, hope, mercy, and repentance.
- Protection for all with compromised health and those unable to receive a vaccine
- A swift comeback from the COVID-19 economy.
- The continued safety, encouragement, and of our heroic health care workers.