Thanks for All The Stuff!
You gave, you volunteered, you came to buy, and you helped us clean up! Thank you for a successful Big Blessing Benefit Sale! Our donors, volunteers, and customers are the best! See you next year!
Tuesday, May 18
For giving your lunch money
to help students!
- Touchstone won a $1,500 prize for the most donors during the lunch time slot!
- We came in 7th for the most unique donors in our organization size.
- Touchstone will have thousands more dollars to provide social, emotional, and spiritual resources for students!
Their “Best Shot”
Is Also YOURS.
A few years ago at a conference on improving high school graduate rates, former Juvenile Court Judge Betty Adams Green made a compelling point – a financial one. Without a high school diploma, a person will more likely:
- Earn far less than a high school graduate.
- Depend on government assistance during their life.
- Have a 4% higher unemployment rate than the national average.
A study from Northeastern University found that each high school dropout costs taxpayers almost $300,000 through the course of their lives. These costs come in the form of state and federally-funded assistance programs for needy families.
Let’s Change The Equation. Instead of having to substract what it costs when someone drops out, look at what earning a high school diploma ADDS to a young person’s life. A high school graduate will more likely:
- Have a higher earning potential in their career
- Contribute positively to their their family and community
- Have an increased hope in all aspects of their life
Many of the students who are involved with our programs and services have reported that without this support, they wouldn’t have graduated. Some have even said that they are not even sure if they would be alive.
With your involvement, Touchstone provides services that offer life-giving hope for a better TODAY, as well as for a better future!
Your donations provide YOUR BEST SHOT and all our other hope-restoring programs to hundreds of people every year.
> THANK YOU <
Here’s to the Class of ’21… and beyond!
2020 Touchstone Tribute – Virtual Edition
In this documentary style celebration of the work of Touchstone you will hear some powerful stories and meet some of our Heros. And the best part is that the 2020 Touchstone Tribute can be viewed anytime you want!
Use this video as part of a watch party to introduce your friends and family to the work of Touchstone! We’ve already heard of some passionate responses to this event, so please don’t miss the chance to share it with others!
* Be Advised – Mild reference to childhood sexual abuse. May affect very sensitive or young viewers.
The purpose of the 2020 Touchstone Tribute is to celebrate the work of Touchstone AND to raise support.
- Our Goal: Touchstone needs to raise $65,000 before the end of 2020 in order to keep helping students.
- Matching Funds: The first $10,000 in donations will be matched, so don’t miss this chance to double your efforts to help students!
- Monthly Giving: Your monthly pledge helps us predict just how many students we can serve. And we want to serve as many as we can!
BIG BLESSING BENEFIT SALE
Saturday, July 18, 8:30am til 3:30pm
(Rain Date – Sat. July 25)
Location: Bellevue Presbyterian Church
Hwy 70 at Cross Timbers Dr.
The proceeds from this sale support CiViL and the social and emotional development of teens. If you have new or gently used items to donate, please contact us.
PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES!
June 8 – August 7
CiViL students are working to collect at least 100 bags of gently-worn and new shoes.
The shoes will be distributed in developing countries to families who want to work their way out of poverty by starting their own small business.
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE…
Not only does our “Put Yourself In Their Shoes” Shoe Drive, help families all over the world, it supports services to local teens!
For every 100 bags of shoes (25 pairs in each) that CiViL collects, Touchstone, a nonprofit that provides social-emotional development services to teens right here in our own community, will receive $1,000.
IT’S AS EASY AS…
1. CHECK your closets for gently-worn and new shoes you no longer need. (No skates of any kind.)
3. COLLECT your shoe donation. Let us know when you’re ready, and we can arrange a convenient drop-off or pick-up. Email [email protected], and we’ll take care of the rest.
2. COMMUNICATE with your family, friends and coworkers to get them involved!
JIM WEBER LIVE CONCERT
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
On Friday, March 20, 2002 Jim did his first ever Facebook Live concert, and it was so much fun! You can watch Jim’s March 20 Concert anytime! Be sure to comment, so we’ll know you were there. This concert and the ones to follow are all to benefit Touchstone.